Essentials Bench, Hairpin or Wood Legs
Inspired by mid-century design and built from today’s would-be waste, the Essentials Bench is built from recovered wood that would otherwise be headed to the landfill. Pieces of different lengths and widths are joined together to create furniture with lots of character and the highest eco-friendly status. Purchasing from the Essentials collection supports sustainability initiatives to reduce waste. Built of solid walnut or cherry.
Made of 100% solid hardwood – NO imported wood, composite wood (MDF or particle board) or plywood. Topped with a Greenguard-certified catalyzed lacquer for an extremely durable finish and low chemical emissions. Craftsmanship takes time – your furniture is made-to-order and lead times may vary.
* Please note that a Natural Cherry or Natural Walnut finish sample will not reflect the range of color that occurs in the joined wood pieces. See the Recovered Cherry and Recovered Walnut finish images for examples of this color variation.
- Keep with a modern look
- Can also provide a vintage touch
- Randomness of the recovered wood adds character and a rustic touch
- Color variation in the joined wood pieces gives a more casual look
- Two different leg options: metal hairpin or wood
- Hairpin legs have a brushed nickel finish
- Walnut has a natural dark color and visible wood grain. It’s topped with a matte top coat for a finish that isn’t shiny at all.
- Cherry is a blond with reddish highlights and a beautiful grain. It's topped with a low-sheen top coat for a look that is not overly shiny
- Recovered Walnut
- Recovered Cherry
- Modern Natural
- Neutral Industry
- Updated Vintage
- Pair with our Essentials Rectangle Dining Table
- Benches can provide extra seating because people can squeeze in
- Put in an entryway for a spot to put on your shoes
- Cherry wood will darken as it ages and sunlight accelerates this process. To prevent light and dark patterns from developing in the first year of ownership, please keep your furniture away from windows and make sure to rotate or periodically remove items placed on their tops.
- Our finish protects wood from water better than oils and traditional lacquers. In most instances, a small puddle of water will fully evaporate before causing any damage. No finish can protect solid wood from the damages that can occur from extreme heat or cold. Always use a coaster or other protective padding when placing hot or cold dishes and beverages on your furniture.
- Keep wood furniture away from direct sunlight.
- Dust regularly with a soft, non-abrasive cloth, always following the grain of the wood. You will not need to oil or wax your furniture. Clean with a soft damp cloth, then quickly wipe dry. DO NOT USE SILICONE-BASED POLISHES.
Melding traditional techniques with modern technology and design, Copeland Furniture creates pieces that will last for generations. Great care is taken during each step of manufacturing to ensure their pieces are the highest quality. Environmental responsibility is taken seriously: The majority of the wood is sourced within 500 miles of the factory and renewable energies are used whenever possible. Read more about Copeland here.