What is Your Furniture Fit?
It can be tough to determine furniture comfort shopping online.
Our ABCS Comfort Metrics™ makes it a lot easier.
How to Find Your Perfect Comfort Fit
Find a piece of furniture you find comfortable and notice which of the four factors you find important.
Use our ABCS Comfort Metrics ™ to find a comfortable piece of furniture with correct dimensions.
The ABCS Comfort Metrics™
We have identified four comfort metrics that will help you determine if a piece of furniture will be comfortbale for you.
First, Consider the Three Measurement-Based Comfort Metrics
- Measurement from the top of the seat to the top of the arm
- Higher arms are better for leaning against
- Pillows can make up for shorter arms
1: 6 inches or less
2: 7 to 9 inches
3: 10 inches or more
- Measurement from the top of the seat to the top of the back
- Higher backs are better for resting your head while sitting
- Less important if you mostly lie down on your sofa
1: 15 inches or less
2: 16 inches to 17 inches
3: 18 inches or more
- Measurement from the front of the seat to the back
- Deeper seats are better for lounging and for taller people
- Shorter seats are better for sofas for shorter people and chairs
1: 22 inches or less
2: 23 inches to 24 inches
3: 25 inches or more
Next, Choose Your Seat Cushion
Softest: Foam Fiber (NaturalLee)
A soy-based foam core has some give and is wrapped in recycled polyester fiber
Soft: Spring Down (Cloud 9)
An innerspring seat core adds support and is wrapped in down for a little softness
Supportive: Spring Fiber
An innerspring seat core adds support and is wrapped in fiber that keeps it’s form
Finally, Choose Your Back Cushion
100% feathers for a sink-in feeling - Cushions require daily fluffing
Soft: Down-Alternative (Plush)
Almost as soft as down, but less fluffing required
Supportive: Fiber (NaturalLEE)
Recycled poly-fill provides more support and will hold it’s shape the best