What is Your Furniture Fit?
It can be tough to determine furniture comfort shopping online.
Our ABCS Comfort Metrics™ makes it a lot easier.
How to Find Your Perfect Comfort Fit
Familiarize yourself with the four comfort factors. Our videos are a good place to start:
Introduction to ABCS Comfort Metrics
Find a piece of furniture you find comfortable and notice which of the four factors you find important.
Use our ABCS Comfort Metrics ™ to find a comfortable piece of furniture with correct dimensions.
The ABCS Comfort Metrics™
We have identified four comfort metrics that will help you determine if a piece of furniture will be comfortbale for you.
First, Consider the Three Measurement-Based Comfort Metrics
- Measurement from the top of the seat to the top of the arm
- Higher arms are better for leaning against
- Pillows can make up for shorter arms
1: 6 inches or less
2: 7 to 9 inches
3: 10 inches or more
- Measurement from the top of the seat to the top of the back
- Higher backs are better for resting your head while sitting
- Less important if you mostly lie down on your sofa
1: 15 inches or less
2: 16 inches to 17 inches
3: 18 inches or more
- Measurement from the front of the seat to the back
- Deeper seats are better for lounging and for taller people
- Shorter seats are better for sofas for shorter people and chairs
1: 22 inches or less
2: 23 inches to 24 inches
3: 25 inches or more
Next, Choose Your Seat Cushion
Softest: Foam Fiber (NaturalLee)
A soy-based foam core has some give and is wrapped in recycled polyester fiber
Soft: Spring Down (Cloud 9)
An innerspring seat core adds support and is wrapped in down for a little softness
Supportive: Spring Fiber
An innerspring seat core adds support and is wrapped in fiber that keeps it’s form
For more on cushion fill and comfort, visit our article on our blog.
Finally, Choose Your Back Cushion
100% feathers for a sink-in feeling - Cushions require daily fluffing
Soft: Down-Alternative (Plush)
Almost as soft as down, but less fluffing required
Supportive: Fiber (NaturalLEE)
Recycled poly-fill provides more support and will hold it’s shape the best