Catalina Platform Bed
A total show-off, this platform bed pairs the beauty of walnut with a great set of legs. Inspired by mid-century design, it works with today’s décor to create a space that is modern with a touch of retro. A slightly curved flat headboard shows off the beautiful woodgrain and natural colors of walnut while the frame is supported by angled legs that have a rounded front edge, keeping things looking light and airy.
Made using solid walnut from sustainably managed domestic forests – NO imported wood or composite wood (MDF or particle board). High-grade veneered plywood is used for the curved headboard. Pieces are topped with a Greenguard-certified catalyzed lacquer for an extremely durable finish and low chemical emissions. The back of the headboard is also finished. Craftsmanship takes time – your furniture is made-to-order and lead times may vary.
- Comes in two heights: 37” or 40” (the legs are 3” taller, raising the mattress)
- Legs angle slightly outwards
- Headboard is finished on the back so it doesn’t have to be against a wall
- Brings a natural element into a space while complimenting other modern pieces
- Avoid pairing with anything very traditional
- Made of solid walnut and high-grade walnut-veneered plywood
- Walnut has a natural dark color and visible wood grain and is topped with a matte top coat for a finish that isn’t shiny at all
- Modern Natural
- Neutral Industry
- Updated Vintage
- Designed for mattress only – no boxspring
- Recommended mattress height 12”
- Our finish protects wood from water better than oils and traditional lacquers. In most instances, a small puddle of water will fully evaporate before causing any damage. No finish can protect solid wood from the damages that can occur from extreme heat or cold. Always use a coaster or other protective padding when placing hot or cold dishes and beverages on your furniture.
- Keep wood furniture away from direct sunlight.
- Dust regularly with a soft, non-abrasive cloth, always following the grain of the wood. You will not need to oil or wax your furniture. Clean with a soft damp cloth, then quickly wipe dry. DO NOT USE SILICONE-BASED POLISHES.
Melding traditional techniques with modern technology and design, Copeland Furniture creates pieces that will last for generations. Great care is taken during each step of manufacturing to ensure their pieces are the highest quality. Environmental responsibility is taken seriously: The majority of the wood is sourced within 500 miles of the factory and renewable energies are used whenever possible. Read more about Copeland here.
- Pair with walnut nightstands and dressers for a clean, modern look
- Pair with painted nightstands and/or dressers for a more eclectic look
All measurements in inches
|Width||Queen 66 1/2 | King 82 1/2 | Cal. King 78 1/2|
|Depth||37" H Queen 86 5/8 | 37" H King 86 5/8 | 37" H Cal. King 90 5/8 || 40" H Queen 88 3/4 | 40" H King 88 3/4 | 40" H Cal. King 92 3/8|
|Height||37" H Headboard: Platform 7 3/4, Top of Side rail 9 || 40" H Headboard: Platform 10 3/4, Top of Side rail 12|