Albans Bookcase with Doors
The Albans tall bookcase with lower doors combines a tailored look with functional storage. Available in 12 different finishes.
See all of the Albans collection here.
Made of 100% solid hardwood from sustainably managed domestic forests – NO imported wood, composite wood (MDF or particle board), plywood, or veneers. Topped with a catalyzed lacquer for an extremely durable finish. Craftsmanship takes time – your furniture is made-to-order and lead times may vary.
Custom sizes available — please contact us for details.
- Three adjustable shelves in the open section
- One adjustable shelf behind the doors
- Clean lines combine with a traditional base for a piece that is at home with modern or traditional design
- Edge relief detail creates an illusion of a floating top
- The legs and base give the appearance of being a separate piece
- Built out of solid maple or solid cherry
- Cherry wood has a visible grain
- Maple’s appearance is more uniform with subtle grain
- Choice of knob finish: satin brass, polished nickel, or burnished
- Natural Cherry (blond with reddish undertones)
- Seasoned Cherry (a medium brown finish with subtle nicks and marks)
- Derby Cherry (a dark brown wood finish)
- Kettle Maple (medium brown finish)
- Kona Maple (a medium-dark brown finish)
- Stout Maple (a dark brown finish)
- Shoreline Gray Maple (a medium gray finish)
- White Painted
- Lambswool Painted (off-white with hints of gray)
- Stoney Brook Painted (medium gray with darker striations)
- River Rock Painted (charcoal gray with blue undertones)
- Black Painted
- Fresh Traditional
- Glamour Queen
- Modern Natural
- Neutral Industry
- Updated Vintage
- Use on either side of a media console to break up a big wall.
- Choose this bookcase if you have items that you want to hide.
- Our finish protects wood from water better than oils and traditional lacquers do. In most instances, a small puddle of water will fully evaporate before creating any damage to a table top. No finish can protect solid wood from the damages that can occur from extreme heat or cold. Always use a coaster or other protective padding when placing hot dishes or cold beverages on your furniture.
- Cherry wood will darken as it ages and sunlight accelerates this process. To prevent light and dark patterns from developing in the first year of ownership, please keep your furniture away from windows and make sure to rotate or periodically remove items placed on their tops. If you have a table with leaves, keep the leaves in for at least the first 6 months to ensure an even color. Our darker Derby stain makes this color change less noticeable.
- Keep wood furniture away from direct sunlight.
- Dust regularly with a soft, non-abrasive cloth, always following the grain of the wood. You will not need to oil or wax your furniture. Clean with a soft damp cloth, then quickly wipe dry. DO NOT USE SILICONE-BASED POLISHES.
Located in the heart of the Appalachian Mountains, Shenandoah Wood Designs builds furniture by hand from solid wood that’s been responsibly harvested from nearby forests. Its craftsmen take pride in both what they create and how it is created, resulting in stylish pieces that demonstrate respect for nature, fine workmanship, and award-winning design. Read more about Shenandoah Wood Designs here.
- Make this look more formal by going with any of the wood finishes
- For a Modern Natural or Farmhouse look, choose Lambswool, Stoney Brook, Shoreline Gray, or White with burnished or nickel knobs
- Neutral Industry should choose any wood finish, Black, River Rock, or Stoney Brook with burnished pulls
- Glamour Queen should choose Derby or River Rock with brass knobs or Shoreline or Stoney Brook with nickel knobs
- Fresh Traditional and Updated Vintage can choose any finish
- Custom sizes available – contact us for details
All measurements in inches