Valdosta Indigo Area Rug
With a traditional pattern in an updated navy and aqua color palette, this rug is perfect for updating a traditional space.
Everstrand is the world’s most sustainable carpet fiber – made from up to 100% recycled plastic drink bottles. It is exceptionally soft and has built-in stain-resistance.
- Traditional pattern will be consistent with other traditional furnishings.
- While there is some color in this rug, the blue goes with almost anything and is a safe way to brighten up a space.
- Because the colors are more modern, this can work as a traditional contrast to more modern furnishings without looking out of place.
- Main colors: navy and indigo blues
- Secondary colors: aqua, robin's egg blue, gray Great for:
- Glamour Queen
- Updated Vintage
- Fresh Traditional
- In a living room, select a rug big enough so that the front legs of the major furniture pieces can sit on it at least a couple inches from the edge. 8 x 11 and 9 x 12 sizes work well in many living rooms.
- Area rugs in bedrooms should be large enough to go under the bed and provide a couple of feet of rug on either side to walk on.
- Instead of a single area rug, bedrooms can also have smaller rugs that fit in the spaces on the side of the bed or at the foot of the bed. Runners are good for this purpose in small bedrooms.
- Rugs in dining rooms need to be large enough so that when someone is sitting in a chair, it’s completely on the rug. At least 2 feet of rug outside of the table should do the trick. If you can get more than 2 feet of border, than that’s even better.
- The busy pattern on this rug helps hide wear and tear.
- Make this rug the star of the room by pairing it with neutral furnishings – upholstery in tans or light gray.
- Create a more vibrant space by pairing it with upholstery in contrasting colors like yellow, orange, or red.
- Dress the rug up by placing gold accents in the room—they’ll look great with the navy.
- Pair the rug with nickel or white painted pieces to make the vibe more casual.
All measurements in inches