Tennille Silver Area Rug
- Neutral colors go with any color palette
- Pattern leans traditional without being at all formal
- Traditional pattern offers a good contrast to more modern furnishings
- Worn look maintains a casual feel
- Lower pile contributes to the vintage look, but does not feel super plush
- Main colors: beige, silver, taupe
- Secondary colors: cream, gray
- Fresh Traditional
- Glamour Queen
- Modern Natural
- Neutral Industry
- Updated Vintage
- In a living room, select a rug big enough so that the front legs of the major furniture pieces can sit on it at least a couple inches from the edge. Larger rug sizes like 8 x 10, 8 x 11 or 9 x 12 work well in many living rooms.
- Area rugs in bedrooms should be large enough to go under the bed and provide a couple of feet of rug on either side to walk on.
- Instead of a single large area rug in a bedroom, consider smaller rugs that fit beside the bed or at the foot of the bed. Runners are good for this purpose in small bedrooms.
- Rugs in dining rooms need to be big enough to allow all four chair legs to stay completely on the rug when people are sitting at the table. At least 2 feet of rug outside of the table should do the trick. If you can get more than 2 feet of border, that’s even better.
Since 1928, Karastan has been creating gorgeous rugs known as much for their looks as for their quality and durability. Made using innovative weaving techniques, Karastan rugs not only beautify your home, but also contribute to a cleaner world. Karastan’s commitment to the environment includes responsible manufacturing processes and the production of carpets that are all certified as low-VOC.
- The worn look of this rug is excellent for hiding wear and tear.
- If you prefer a neutral color palette, pair it with furnishings in oatmeal, cream, or charcoal.
- As an accent color, consider navy blue, golden yellow or orange.
- For a casual space, pair this rug with slipcovers or rustic leather upholstery and choose occasional furniture in black metal.
- Dress up the rug with brass or chrome accents and luxurious fabrics like velvet.