Spencer Four Post Storage Bed
The storage version of our Spencer Four Post Bed has straight lines, giving a contemporary look to what is usually a traditional style. Built of solid wood, it is available in 5 sizes and 12 finishes.
Made of 100% solid hardwood from sustainably managed domestic forests – NO imported wood, composite wood (MDF or particle board), plywood, or veneers. Drawers feature dovetail construction, solid ash sides and bottom, and are on metal glides. Topped with a catalyzed lacquer for an extremely durable finish. Craftsmanship takes time – your furniture is made-to-order and lead times may vary.
- The traditional shape contrasts with clean lines to create a bed that can go with almost any style
- Not the best choice for a truly modern space
- Built out of solid maple or cherry
- Cherry wood has a visible grain
- Maple’s appearance is more uniform with subtle grain
- Natural Cherry (blond with reddish undertones)
- Seasoned Cherry (a medium brown finish with subtle nicks and marks)
- Derby Cherry (a dark brown wood finish)
- Kettle Maple (medium brown finish)
- Shoreline Gray Maple (a medium gray finish)
- Kona Maple (a medium-dark brown finish)
- Stout Maple (a dark brown finish)
- White Painted
- Lambswool Painted (off-white with hints of gray)
- Stoney Brook Painted (medium gray with darker striations)
- River Rock Painted (charcoal gray with blue undertones)
- Black Painted
- Fresh Traditional
- Glamour Queen
- Modern Natural
- Updated Vintage
- Storage bed is designed as a platform bed (no boxspring)
- Full, queen, king, and California king sizes have four drawers (two on each side), while the twin has two drawers on either the left or right side (you choose)
- Cherry wood will darken as it ages and sunlight accelerates this process. To prevent light and dark patterns from developing in the first year of ownership, please keep your furniture away from windows and make sure to rotate or periodically remove items placed on their tops.
- Keep wood furniture away from direct sunlight.
- Dust regularly with a soft, non-abrasive cloth, always following the grain of the wood. You will not need to oil or wax your furniture. Clean with a soft damp cloth, then quickly wipe dry. DO NOT USE SILICONE-BASED POLISHES.
Located in the heart of the Appalachian Mountains, Gat Creek builds furniture by hand from solid wood that’s been responsibly harvested from nearby forests. Its craftsmen take pride in both what they create and how it is created, resulting in stylish pieces that demonstrate respect for nature, fine workmanship, and award-winning design. Read more about Gat Creek here.
- Modern Natural, Fresh Traditional, and Updated Vintage can go with any finish
- Glamour Queen should choose Shoreline, Stoney Brook, Lambswool, River Rock, or Black
- Pair with more modern nightstands to keep the space from looking purely traditional
All measurements in inches
|Width||Twin 42.5 | Full 58 | Queen 64 | King 80 | Cal. King 77|
|Depth||Twin 81.5 | Full 81.5 | Queen 86.5 | King 86.5 | Cal. King 90.5|
|Height||Post height 82 | Slat height 18.5|