- This pattern is definitely more on the casual side.
- Its design is consistent with a modern look and contrasts well more traditional furnishings.
- The gray and gold color palette is the ultimate in versatility: It goes with all grays or earth tones.
- Main colors: cream, beige
- Secondary colors: gray, gold
- Modern Natural
- Neutral Industry
- Updated Vintage
- In a living room, select a rug big enough so that the front legs of the major furniture pieces can sit on it at least a couple inches from the edge. 8 x 11 and 9 x 12 sizes work well in many living rooms.
- Area rugs in bedrooms should be large enough to go under the bed and provide a couple of feet of rug on either side to walk on.
- Instead of a single area rug, bedrooms can also have smaller rugs that fit in the spaces on the side of the bed or at the foot of the bed. Runners are good for this purpose in small bedrooms.
- Rugs in dining rooms need to be large enough so that when someone is sitting in a chair, it’s completely on the rug. At least 2 feet of rug outside of the table should do the trick. If you can get more than 2 feet of border, than that’s even better.