Athens Area Rug
Greek key is a timeless motif that ensures our Athens area rug will never go out of style.
Everstrand is the world’s most sustainable carpet – made from up to 100% recycled content from plastic drink bottles. It is exceptionally soft and has built-in stain-resistance.
- Black, ivory and gray go with almost any color palate. The colors also keep a traditional space from looking too feminine.
- While a traditional motif, Greek key’s geometric nature ensures it also looks at home in more modern spaces – just make sure there are a few other traditional elements to compliment it.
- Main colors: black, gray
- Secondary colors: white
- Neutral Industry
- Glamour Queen
- Fresh Traditional
- In a living room, select a rug big enough so that the front legs of the major furniture pieces can sit on it at least a couple inches from the edge. 8 x 11 and 9 x 12 sizes work well in many living rooms.
- Area rugs in bedrooms should be large enough to go under the bed and provide a couple of feet of rug on either side to walk on.
- Instead of a single area rug, bedrooms can also have smaller rugs that fit in the spaces on the side of the bed or at the foot of the bed. Runners are good for this purpose in small bedrooms.
- Rugs in dining rooms need to be large enough so that when someone is sitting in a chair, it’s completely on the rug. At least 2 feet of rug outside of the table should do the trick. If you can get more than 2 feet of border, than that’s even better.
Since 1928, Karastan has been creating gorgeous rugs known as much for their looks as for their quality and durability. Made using innovative weaving techniques, Karastan rugs not only beautify your home, but also contribute to a cleaner world. Karastan’s commitment to the environment includes responsible manufacturing processes and the production of carpets that are all certified as low-VOC.
- The busy pattern on this rug helps hide wear and tear.
- Even though the main colors are black and gray, this rug goes just as well with beige and brown tones.
- Keep a room looking serene by pairing this rug with grays or earth tones like beige and green. Make a space more vibrant by pairing this rug with more boldly colored upholstery – especially something bright like yellow, orange, or fuchsia.
All measurements in inches