Alderson Nightstand or Side Table
The Alderson Nightstand provides plenty of storage for bedside or sofa-side necessities without taking up a ton of space. A drawer provides a spot for things you want to hide while the lower shelf is great for stacking reading material. Available in 12 different finishes. Made of 100% solid hardwood from sustainably managed domestic forests – NO imported wood, composite wood (MDF or particle board), plywood, or veneers. Drawers feature dovetail construction, solid ash sides and bottom, and are on metal glides. Topped with a catalyzed lacquer for an extremely durable finish. Craftsmanship takes time - your furniture will be made especially for you and will ship in six to eight weeks.
- Its shapely silhouette provides enough style to keep this classic piece far from boring
- Clean lines keep a traditional or formal space from looking too fancy
- Tiered shape makes a visual statement
- It brings in a bit of refinement to spaces with reclaimed or industrial elements
- Built out of solid maple or solid cherry
- Cherry wood has a visible grain
- Maple’s appearance is more uniform with subtle grain
- Sleek, oval knobs add a modern touch
- Choice of knob finish: satin brass, polished nickel, or burnished Wood finish options:
- Natural Cherry (blond with reddish undertones)
- Seasoned Cherry (a medium brown finish with subtle nicks and marks)
- Derby Cherry (a dark brown wood finish)
- Kettle Maple (medium brown finish)
- Shoreline Gray Maple (a medium gray finish)
- Kona Maple (a medium-dark brown finish)
- Stout Maple (a dark brown finish)
- White Painted
- Lambswool Painted (off-white with hints of gray)
- Stoney Brook Painted (medium gray with darker striations)
- River Rock Painted (charcoal gray with blue undertones)
- Black Painted
- Fresh Traditional
- Glamour Queen
- Modern Natural
- Neutral Industry
- Updated Vintage
- This piece is great for tighter spaces because the open bottom will keep the space looking open
- Because the top is smaller, free up surface space by using a skinny lamp or wall-mounted sconce
- Can also be used as a side table
- Cherry wood will darken as it ages and sunlight accelerates this process. To prevent light and dark patterns from developing in the first year of ownership, please keep your furniture away from windows and make sure to rotate or periodically remove items placed on its top. Our darker Derby stain makes this color change less noticeable.
- Our finish protects wood from water better than oils and traditional lacquers do. In most instances, a small puddle of water will fully evaporate before causing any damage. No finish can protect solid wood from the damages that can occur from extreme heat or cold. Always use a coaster or other protective padding when placing hot or cold dishes and beverages on your furniture.
- Keep wood furniture away from direct sunlight.
- Dust regularly with a soft, non-abrasive cloth, always following the grain of the wood. You will not need to oil or wax your furniture. Clean with a soft damp cloth, then quickly wipe dry. DO NOT USE SILICONE-BASED POLISHES.
Located in the heart of the Appalachian Mountains, Gat Creek builds furniture by hand from solid wood that’s been responsibly harvested from nearby forests. Its craftsmen take pride in both what they create and how it is created, resulting in stylish pieces that demonstrate respect for nature, fine workmanship, and award-winning design. Read more about Gat Creek here.
- For something that really pops, get it in the white painted finish and place against a dark wall
- The legs keep a tight space looking open
- This versatile design works in almost any style – you can’t go wrong!
- We love the wood finishes for Modern Natural and Neutral Industry
- Black, White, Lambswool or Shoreline will look great in Glamour Queen
- Updated Vintage and Fresh Traditional can’t go wrong with either painted or wood finishes
- Custom sizes available – contact us for details
All measurements in inches